Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Swaps and more swaps!

As some of you readers may know, one of the fun parts of being a Stampin' Up! Demo is the fact that we get to participate in swaps of various kinds, most organised through our forum, In Love with Stamping, but basically - any time SU demos get together, whatever the occasion, they swap work with each other. For some of us - its a great opportunity to get our hands on some great samples for display boards (especially those you can get from very talented card makers!), and also - to get hold of samples made from sets we don't have ourselves for whatever reason.

Anyway - the lovely Pat on ILWS chivvied us into a swap making some samples featuring stamp sets in the new Spring Mini Catalogue which launched on the 4th Jan, and the Sale-a-Bration promotion which starts tomorrow!!

To cut to the chase  - this is the card I made for the swap (spot the similarity to one I made for the blog hop in my preceding post LOL!)


I think this is a great colour combo with the stark black and white being lifted by a splash of bright and beautiful Melon Mambo... its a bit closer to traditional Valentine colours than the blue and mustard one I did earlier but it was quick and easy to make - and definitely not beyond the capabilities of the novice card maker!

And here are the cards I got in return...... I can't show one of them until tomorrow as it was made with one of the Sale-a-Bration sets, but check back in the next couple of days and I will show it to you then, hopefully with a load more samples made using ALL of the gorgeous SAB sets as well as the gorgeous patterned paper that is on offer...



At the same time as this one was running, we also ran another swap, this time making inserts for the lovely Simply Adorned locket charms featured in the Spring mini. I signed up for 2 groups, and here are the two I made - this one was done with the Charming stamp set, also featured in the Spring mini, and the heart from Tiny Tags (incidentally both of these inserts are a massive 1" x 1 1/4" in size - a real miniature work of art!) This pic shows both the front and back of the piece!


The second insert was made with French Foliage from the main catalogue - this has to be one of my fave stamp sets at the moment!


I can hardly wait to see what my fellow demos have come up with for theirs - they should be back with me next week and I promise to share them with you then!

Incidentally - should anyone fancy getting their hands on one of the simply adorned lockets (or the chains, baubles and trinkets) - please don't leave it too long before buying them. We just heard from our SU Sisters in the US last week that the Simply Adorned range is being discontinued there from their main catalogue which launches in July. What happens in the US usually happens here so sadly, I don't think that this range will be in our new catalogue from October, so if you want one - please don't leave it too late! The beauty of these charms is that you can change the inserts to match your outfits - and as well as having a beautiful piece of jewellery to show off, each insert is unique - having made 10 of each of the ones above, I can tell you that no two of them are exactly alike. The images stamp differently and the inked edges are different - so whilst they may be similar - no two are completely identical!

As a special offer - for anyone who orders a locket charm from me during the remainder of the life of the catalogue, I will include a custom made insert for you to start you off!

Anyway please check back with me tomorrow - I will have details of all the lovely Sale-a-Bration offers for you - and hopefully some samples to show you!



No comments:

Post a Comment