Pages

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Launch night!!


Well, I had convinced myself that nobody was going to turn up for the event - but how wrong could I be?? In the end I had 11 lovely ladies turn up to get their new catalogues, do make and takes and put in some rather juicy orders.

Thanks to the High Wycombe training session last month I had a lovely display board showcasing lots of goodies made with the current stamp sets so a huge thank you to everyone who swapped with me then - your work was greatly admired by all who attended. That's the display up above, except the Serene Snowflakes card in the middle of the left hand board wasn't skew whiff on the night!

We did 2 make and takes that evening - a card and a little gift pouch. The gift pouch was based on an unnamed swap from someone else at High Wycombe, so thanks for that one!



The card was the training M&T but I changed the colours to the catalogue's suggested Christmas Suite of Old Olive, Very Vanilla and the lush new Cherry Cobbler.... My fabulous upline lent me her bauble punch for the evening (thanks Dawn!) as I was panicking. I had merrily planned to case the HW swap - little realising it would feature a punch that we in the UK couldn't even order until the 1st Oct, fortunately Dawn had got hold of it on one of her many trips to the US. This card was great to do as a M&T as it showcases the stamps and the matching punch and the matching ink and cardstock. This was also the first time the customers got to see the new Clear Mount stamps as we used the new Contempo Christmas set with the fabby new acrylic blocks!

The wee pouch featured the new Newsprint designer paper and taffeta ribbon, teamed with a Very Vanilla base and Cherry Cobbler again. It was only after I had put the pouch together that I realised I hadn't stamped the base card using the Artistic Etchings stamps as I intended. Never mind - the ladies all loved the idea of being able to make their own gift packaging from now on!!

On the subject of clear mount stamps - I looked at the new acrylic blocks which came out with the new catalogue and thought - Huh! Its just a lump of plastic why bother when I already have loads of acrylic blocks? Then I tried one for myself and I am hooked!! The SU blocks ARE different in that they have finger grooves all the way round which means they are really comfortable to hold - and not only that - they are much chunkier than my cheap and nasties. I for one can heartily recommend them to you!

I now have just ONE place left on the Stamper's 6 starting up this month - if you are interested please get in touch. Be a hostess and get the goodies without the hassle of a party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment