Pages

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Another Scrapbook Page!


I have been having a sort out of my SU Patterned papers and rediscovered the wonderful Nouveau Chic set. This is based around black, grey, sage shadow and apricot appeal, and as the sage and apricot are vanishing soon, I thought I would set to and produce a scrapbook page or two using them, and the first one is above!

One sheet of basic black, a 10x8 rectangle of sage shadow, a large photo, a piece of DSP some ribbon - a couple of flowers and some pretties from the pretties kit and - voila! 

This photo was 8x6, but I trimmed it down to 7 3/4 x 6, and attached it to the top of my rectangle with a narrow border top and sides. The rest of the sage block was filled in with a piece of DSP, and the join hidden with a piece of striped ribbon tied in a bow. Dye a couple of the small flowers from the Pretties kit by squodging a sage shadow inkpad down on them until they are covered, then layer them up onto larger flowers and attach to the page with crystal brads....... spear a couple of pearls and crystals from the pretties kit with a hatpin and stab it through the knot on the bow before putting the clutch on the end for safety!

Finally, cut a title from a scrap of whisper white card (shadowed on an off cut of sage if you have the machine)

Took about 15 minutes tops!

Let me know if I can help you with any supplies!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this page carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page Carolyn! The papers and colour scheme are perfect for the photo.. it looks like a wonderful day. :o)

    ReplyDelete