Pages

Sunday 8 November 2009

Wow!! what a blast!!

Wow! Wow! Wow!!

What can I say?? Convention was an absolute blast and I had a great time from the moment I arrived in Frankfurt airport and met up with the rest of the Tartan Stampers in the luggage reclaim (how did I find them? - just followed the noise!! Our trip to the hotel was a source of great merriment and then we went off to find our rooms, then meet up down in reception to find somewhere to eat.

Our noses led us to a little Italian/ Spanish restaurant in the basement of the Kurhaus centre round the back of the hotel, they looked a bit shocked at being asked if they had a table for 10, but they set us up in the patio area outside the restaurant itself (it was in a complex so we weren't actually OUTSIDE!!) and had great fun trying out my rudimentary (and very rusty) German translating the menu and ordering. we had a great meal and the best part of it was that it only cost us 90 euros for the 10 of us!! Afterwards, we went back to the hotel to finish up our various swaps before meeting up again in the bar.

I spent most of the first part of the morning getting registered, and then entering into the swapping frenzy which was going on. I have come home with some gorgeous cards from demos in all 3 of the countries (as well as a couple of the US demos based at the US bases in Germany). I need to sort them out, but in the meantime, here are the swaps I took with me!

I must admit I nearly put them back in my bag when I saw what some of the others had produced, but I managed to get rid of them all, and have also come home with several other s so I need to make a few more!! I didn't start out intending to make so many Christmas cards but I really got into the Christmas sets, and given the time of year - I couldn't think of a better chance to use some of my new goodies like the new Medallion stamp, the red glitter (and not forgetting the Flight of the Butterfly set and punch!!)

Off to unpack and sort out the mess my two herberts have made in my clean and tidy kitchen and walk the poor neglected dog! I'll be back tomorrow with more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment