Pages

Thursday 20 October 2011

Swapping again - scrapbook pages this time!!

One of the things I love about being a Stampin Up Demo is the way other demos around the country - and even in Europe - are happy to help each other create stunning displays. Every time we meet - whether it be for a training session or even the annual Convention - we swap cards fronts and small 3D items, and when there isn't a meet up on the horizon we organise swaps on the In Love with Stamping forum.

I was in a swap for samples made with goodies from the new catalogue last month - and this month - I signed up to another one for 6x6 scrapbook pages! There are 12 of us in the swap, so I will get 11 pages back from the other girls - all guaranteed to be different. Why 12 in the group? Simple - you get four 6x6 page bases out of one sheet of 12x12 cardstock LOL!!

Anyway - here is the page I made for the swap....... a romantic page of cousin Charlotte's wedding in the summer!


I decided to turn the photo sepia as I wanted to create an "antique" page with the lush new Mocha Morning papers. For the base I used Crumb Cake cardstock, and I teamed this with  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, and Early Espresso cardstock (you could do with just one of the dark browns if you wanted to). As you can see - I made good use of the Scallop Edge Border Punch and the Decorative Label punches before embellishing the page with Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon and a couple of basic pearls!

If you would like to purchase any supplies to recreate this page (in both 6x6 and 12x12 versions - this design scales up and down beautifully as you can see on a non SU 12x12 version on my other blog!) please do get in touch on StampaholixUK@aol.com or 07973 969153.

Don't forget the current signing up offer for potential new demonstrators - check out the Join my Team tab at the top of the page for details!

Until next time

Carolyn
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment